The parish are currently undertaking an HLF-funded project to create a visitor centre and restore AWN Pugin’s Church of St. Augustine, Ramsgate. A large painting signed Ferd. Platner fecit Romae 1854.
Originally designed to be hung behind an altar the painting depicting Our Lady with the Hold Child and the figures of St Augustine and St Thomas of Canterbury was until recently located above the south door. Cleaning and conservation work is being carried out the painting and ornate gilded frame prior to relocation in the new visitor centre.